As the world evolves in the digital age, in the influence of social media grows—in the last 10 years, the worldwide number of social media accounts has risen from 1 billion to 8.2 billion.
Because of this, the importance of “social media influencers,” or people who amass a large following of dedicated users on platforms like Instagram and Youtube, is higher than ever.
Advertisers and companies are now partnering with influencers to integrate their products into the creator’s social media posts. Consumers view the product placement—a form of native advertising—as more organic and trustworthy than traditional marketing
This modern form of advertising has proven to consistently improve brand reach and overall sales, and every business should consider capitalizing on this trend.
Don’t believe the hype?
HERE’S WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH INFLUENCERS
1. The market reach is unbeatable: social media is regularly used by 3 billion people—half the world’s population.
2. Influencers have consistent communication with followers: 61% of users interact with an influencer at least once a day.
3. Influencers are trusted: 70% of teenagers trust influencers over celebrities and traditional ads.
4. Their followers act on that trust by buying: 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations, and a survey by Dana Rebecca Designs showed that 72% of respondents made a beauty-related purchase after seeing a post on social media.
5. Your competition may already be capitalizing on it: 17% of companies spend over half their marketing budget on influencers.
6. There is a proven return on investment: The average participating business makes $5.20 for every $1 spent on influencer marketing.
7. This form of marketing is only growing: Advertisers are predicted to spend $2.4 billion on Instagram influencer marketing in 2020.
Don’t miss the opportunity to reach more customers in an effective way. If you want to expand your business, you should consider partnering with influencers—it’s affordable and effective.